Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Finding Nemo Makes Me Cry

I kinda put this out of my mind for a while, until I was recently reading another Mom's blog about how she had read Finding Nemo to her son every night, complete with different voices!

I'm sure you've seen it by now, so I wont bother to warn you that this is a spoiler. Nemo's Dad is overprotective of him, which really annoys Nemo. The whole adventure of the story is that Nemo gets lost, and his Dad spends the duration of the movie trying to find him. When they are finally reunited, Nemo gets hurt, and is laying there, lifeless. Dad picks up Nemo's little body, looks at him, and he gets a flash of a memory - looking at Nemo's egg before he was born. I know that I could never explain how my heart feels when I see that scene. Here's why. When Joey was undergoing the first exam under anesthesia to find out what the "mass" in his eye was, I sat in the waiting room. And I remember having memory flashes; and one I distinctly remember, was looking at the pregnancy test that said "positive", that I was expecting Joey. Yeah, it's just a fish cartoon, but that movie will always have such an emotional tie in my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Nemo post made me smile! I've been having plenty of memory flashes of late. My son was ill (as was the rest of the family) the whole of last week. It was especially heart-rending when he could do much on his sixth birthday because of that. As I sponged him to bring down his fever, I kept getting these 'flashes' of happier times and sad ones too. I guess it's our brain's way of helping us live through stressful times without going insane.